The DCIDA makes it easy to display decision aids on any tablet or computer without programming knowledge.
Most decision aids are paper-based but with tablets becoming cheaper to use there are great advantages to their use including:
- Individualized information – for example you can ask questions about the patients characteristics, and then the decision aid will describe age and sex adjusted risks
- Interactive display – patients can choose which information they want to view in further detail
- Continuous – evidence changes over time, as do patients experiences. Log-in and be updated when something changes, or you want to revisit your decision.
- Multimedia – videos and other graphics can be easily integrated
The DCIDA is being developed so anybody can easily create a decision aid:
- Without technical programming – the editor is simple to use and is WYSIWYG
- Customizable – have it look how you want with the questions and information you want
- Adaptable – it will work on nearly every tablet, no matter the size or make, or use it on the web
- Updatable – new study changed the evidence based? easily update your decision aid